Community Engagement Manager
SHS is looking for someone who is passionate about social media to lead the day-to-day online community engagement of two national brands. This person knows how to HUSTLE to find creative opportunities to CONNECT with people online to INSPIRE habits that will strategically move the needle. You will work closely with internal teams to plan content and craft real-time responses that uphold the integrity of our client brands and engage followers. The community engagement manager will also be responsible for developing reports on social content and channel performance. This position reports to the associate director of content activation.
Planning and Strategy
- Set up conversation feeds related to campaigns, relevant topics, brand key words, hashtags, mentions and influencers in the industry.
- Identify content opportunities according to conversations and cultural trends and share that insight with brand and content strategists.
- Assist the content strategist with brief development to ensure the brand content remains true to the community, map out the posting schedule and ensure the right message will be in front of the right audience at the right time.
- Work closely with creative, strategy, PR and media teams to ensure that responses adhere to brand voice and align with campaigns, marketing calendars, business objectives and client initiatives.
- Grow the communities by creating relationships and evangelizing people who are talking about what the brand stands for, not just people talking about the product.
- Elevate relevant concerns, feedback or unusual swings in sentiment to the appropriate stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Monitor conversation feeds for opportunities to engage, answer questions or educate fans relating to the brand or product.
- Curate user-generated content and collaborate with the copywriter to include post(s) into the content calendar.
- Be responsible for accurate scheduling and posting of brand content.
- Create and maintain relationships with advocates and influencers.
- Adhere to SHS’s guiding principles for community engagement and established best practices.
- Most importantly, bring energy, voice and life to the brands on a real-time, day-to-day basis. This should be fun, darn it.
Optimization and Reporting
- Keep an eye on opportunities to optimize content distribution to deliver and schedule content in the most efficient way to the most relevant people.
- Identify future opportunities according to relevant conversations and insights from Crimson Hexagon and other tools.
- Proactively monitor, measure and optimize content toward campaign goals.
- Collaborate with content strategist to develop monthly — and in some cases weekly, quarterly or yearly — reports to track progress toward achieving outlined goals and objectives for content performance and platform growth, as well as measuring success against key competitors.
Desired Skills and Experience
- One to three years of experience in social marketing or online community management
- Ambitious in keeping up with the industry and educating on best practices for social media marketing to internal and external teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent working knowledge of social media platforms
- Experience managing and implementing content calendars
- Extremely keen attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize based on account demands and client needs
- Expert understanding of the unique applications each social channel provides and how they can be individually leveraged to enhance overall sentiment, awareness and purchase behaviors
- Understanding of social media tools and capabilities, including conversation monitoring tools, influencer marketing tools, social channel analytics and content management systems
- Salary commensurate with experience; 401k plan with employer matching.
- Great health insurance plans, wellness incentives and many other fun perks.
- SHS is an equal opportunity employer, of course
— 07.18.17 —