MAKE MONDAYS SUCK LESS.
Kansas City, Missouri
Full-stack Web Developer
- Minimum 3 years of professional Web development experience
Full-stack development requirements
- Expert at writing semantic, well-formed and standards-compliant HTML, hand-in-hand with writing modular, cascading and reusable CSS
- Experience optimizing websites for mobile devices
- Familiar with HTML templating (WordPress PHP templates, Jade, Liquid, etc.)
- Comfortable building new databases and writing SQL
- Comfortable using terminal/console commands
- Experience using Git as a source code management tool
- Familiar with converting PSD compositions into code
- Experience coding and testing responsive HTML emails
- Experience building and integrating REST APIs
- Can show us something cool you’ve built (or contributed to) on your own time
- Keep up-to-date on current tools and best practices; eager to learn more tools and implement them into projects
- Be self-directed and able to prioritize workload
- Strive for an excellent end-user experience at every step of the way
- Acumen in creating WordPress themes and plug-ins from scratch
- Experience with Angular 1/2, React or Backbone
- Experience creating mobile apps
- Experience with agile development processes
Team- and project-specific responsibilities
- Plays well with both designers and marketing people; can talk with strangers
- Ability to define project specifications and accurately estimate effort for timelines and deliverables
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment managing multiple priorities
- Ability to work both collaboratively with colleagues on project teams as well as independently and efficiently
- Salary commensurate with experience; 401k plan with employer matching.
- Great health insurance plans, wellness incentives and many other fun perks.
- SHS is an equal opportunity employer, of course.
— 03.09.17 —