IT Support Specialist
Sullivan Higdon & Sink is looking to add an IT Support Specialist to our sheephating team. The Information Technology (IT) Support Specialist is a generalist position devoted to all aspects of computer set-up, installation, troubleshooting, service, upgrades, maintenance and acts as a resource and expert for fellow SHSers to help them solve technology-related problems. The position can also include handling how computers connect to each other or the rest of the network; printing, both locally and on the network, software installation and troubleshooting and also working with auxiliary devices such as tablets and smartphones. This position is located in our Kansas City office and is not a remote role. This position also may require some physical activity such as lifting and moving computer equipment into place or crawling in tight spaces.
The IT Support Specialist must be knowledgeable in all aspects of computer support, diligent, and analytical; they also must possess outstanding communication skills. The role is not only a technical worker but often interacts directly with SHS teams, offering advice, training, solutions, and guidance.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- 1-3 years previous experience working in a professional environment
- Relevant education with 2 or 4-year college degree or certification.
- Understanding of networking equipment, computer equipment (Mac and PC) and common operating systems and applications
- Clear understanding of agency business processes and workflow through the agency
- Efficient technical problem-solving skills
- Clear communication skills
- Thorough, working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Internet skills
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple priority tasks
- Ability to work independently
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Basic writing skills
- Salary commensurate with experience; 401k plan with employer matching.
- Great health insurance plans, wellness incentives and many other perks.
- SHS is an equal opportunity employer, of course.
— 11.08.17 —