This position leads all functional areas of his or her assigned animal health brands, helps define strategies and lead execution of tactics while ensuring they are aligned to defined strategies. The Account Manager is successful at developing great client relationships. This person knows the client’s animal health industry, their business and brands, and provides insight to others on the team. The Account Manager is the day-to-day team contact with clients and assists the Account Supervisor in managing client needs. This person understands and utilizes all established SHS processes in accomplishing projects under his or her direction. The Account Manager may also be responsible for developing and guiding others on the team.
- Fosters and maintains strong client relationships for day-to-day concerns
- Develops brand and project strategy with the brand strategist and account senior leadership
- Collaborates with creative team members for copy, design and industry knowledge leadership
- Collaborates with project managers on production timelines and details
- Shares client feedback and utilizes all pertinent agency functions to develop solutions to feedback
- Proactively brings client solutions and new thinking to drive client’s equine business forward
- Engages all appropriate agency functions to deliver great client work (e.g., brand strategy, digital, research)
- Possesses superior knowledge and understanding of the animal health industry, products, positioning and communication objectives
- Understands and remains current with the animal health competitive environment, including positioning and marketing programs of competitors
- Ensures all work includes proper product mentions, client mandatories, production specs, legal requirements and other necessary details aligned with strategies
- Develops all creative and kick off briefs aligned with strategies
- Communicates with the client and team in an efficient, effective and collaborative manner
- Interacts with the team and client to create the most unsheeplike work possible
- Is the point-person for the team and client for questions on strategy, billing, project status and all related details
- Manages multiple projects that require a heightened attention to detail and subtle nuances
- Four to five years of experience in account/brand management, preferably in an agency setting
- Bachelor’s degree required; marketing preferred
- Animal health and/or Agricultural experience
- Available for occasional travel
- Salary commensurate with experience; 401k plan with employer matching.
- Great health insurance plans, wellness incentives and many other perks
- SHS is an equal opportunity employer, of course.
— 10.22.18 —